If you recently sustained injuries in an accident in New Mexico or lost a loved one as a result of…
What is a wrongful death lawsuit?
A wrongful death is a death due to the negligent, willful, or wrongful act, omission or fault of another. In addition to holding the negligent party accountable for their actions, the purpose of a civil wrongful death lawsuit is to seek monetary compensation for those family members left behind. Financial compensation is particularly important if you relied on the decedent for financial support.
Common types of wrongful death lawsuits include negligent death involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents – caused by another driver, unsafe road, or vehicle defect
- Pedestrian/bicycling accidents – generally these involve a motor vehicle and may be covered by the driver’s liability insurance
- Defective products – there are several parties involved in the chain of product liability including manufacturers, retailers and suppliers
- Premises liability – death caused by the dangerous condition of a property
- Medical malpractice – failure or delay in diagnosis, surgical errors, anesthesia errors, improper treatment
- Pharmacy errors – dispensing wrong medication, incorrect labeling, error in dosage
Additional Wrongful Death Information
If you were injured in an accident in Santa Fe, New Mexico or in another kind of incident caused by…